Life

Life… It is a gift sent by God to us, people, to experience how to live, appreciate the beauty of the world, and to fulfill our own purpose. Many people view life as unfair because we are born unique in different aspects. So instead of being united as one, we became separated on our own beliefs, culture, religion, and even status in life. Life gives us an opportunity to experience the real essence of it. That is, to experience sorrow, grief, sadness, loneliness, or even happiness, gratefulness, love, care, and determination that will help us grow as a person and give us learning that we could apply in our entire living. It is the most important thing that people should value much because without it, we cannot exist in this world and we can no longer dream of what we want to be in the future. Every single breath we take and every single second in our life is essential because for me, life means happiness.

The different colors represent life giving me hundred reasons to cry, worry, to be frustrated, rejected, uncared, unloved, discriminated, and any other emotions we feel, yet when these colors are mixed, it will look colorful, lively, and jolly which I percept life giving me a thousand reasons to enjoy, smile, and laugh. Our life on earth has its limitations. We don’t know when you will die, when I will die, and even when all of us will die. Life is too short so leave all your worries and live life to the fullest. Smile at the world and the world will smile back at you.

The girl represents me, not as what I possessed and what I am but the real me. As I continue to grow maturely physically, emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually, I’ve learned how to reflect on with the decisions I chose, the actions I’ve made, and the corresponding consequences I’ve faced. I kept on talking to myself in front of the mirror. It is weird sometimes but because of doing it, little by little, I am knowing myself more. I don’t rely on what others described me as a person but I value their opinions because that would help me improve myself, avoid the bad side and maintain the good side. But self-reflecting mostly affects my values, perception, and habits. Regarding the callout connected with the girl on my design and the message it contains, that is one of the major product of my reflection. Because before, I entered college without having plans in my life. I just want to study and finish my degree. Then after that, just work. And you know what is funny about myself? I don’t know what kind of job I will apply for after graduation because that time, I am not yet confident on my own skills. That attitude made me weak and because of that, I did not study hard. And finally, I’ve learned. Now that I am in my third year as a college student, I realized that I have to value my education so much. Fortunately, I now have my plans for my future. All I have to do now is to have faith in God, dream big, believe in myself, and start now in order for me to be successful in life.

This activity is really challenging yet fruitful because for us students, there are lots of things that catches our attention and we find really interesting. It is favorable for me to share what’s on my mind and what my personality was that others might not be aware.


I’ve learned that we have to spend most of our time thinking of the good memories and not with the bad ones. Though we may experience different trials in life, stop worrying too much because it comes naturally to every one of us. Don’t take it that seriously because it will only make you stressed and your life would be boring. Just solve it with love and dedication and believe that God will not give you problems you can’t solve. View life in a positive way. Because in the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took and years you’ve lived, but how many moments you’ve fine happiness, enjoyed your life, and lived to the fullest.

I've asked my students to design the cover of their own notebook and make a reflection paper about it.