Eco-Friendly

I've asked my students to design their own notebook based on their interests/hobbies. I've asked them further to make an essay about their design. Here's the third...

There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed. - Mohandas K. Gandhi

It’s no secret that our environment is in a state of decline. In newspapers and on TV, in magazines and even in our schools, everyone is talking about environmental conservation and how to reduce the effects of global warming. It has become obvious that we need to take action and do something to reduce greenhouse gasses, but just how do we go green?

In recent years, terms like "going green" and "eco-friendly" have become buzz words on talk shows, commercials and product packaging. The term "eco-friendly" has been used for so many different products and practices, its meaning is in danger of being lost. By understanding the true meaning of eco-friendly, we can implement the practices that will lead to healthier living for the planet and its inhabitants, big and small.

Eco-friendly literally means earth-friendly or not harmful to the environment. This term most commonly refers to products that contribute to green living or practices that help conserve resources like water and energy. Eco-friendly products also prevent contributions to air, water and land pollution.

            “Going green” is a popular phrase being bandied about these days. Chances are, you have heard it referred to quite a lot. But what does going green mean? In essence, it refers to using various everyday methods to help save the world and its environment. Many people consider going green to be an actual lifestyle; for them, it means basing your actions on working to save the world. From the smallest details to the most sweeping aspects of life, saving the world by implementing a green lifestyle is something that more and more people are aiming to do.

Living a green lifestyle – or going green – can begin in small, easy to manage ways. Recycling is a huge, obvious part of helping to save the world through green living. Reducing one’s reliance on oil-based energy sources is another popular method employed in trying to save the world. Purchasing only all organic, chemical free products is another way that many people begin going green, and is considered a very effective method at trying to save the world and all of its resources. Green living is infiltrating all parts of daily life, and the planet is sure to be better for it.
  
                        The notebook I bought, is an eco-friendly, I chose it because I want to help even in a little thing to our environment to conserve and save it. We all know that this world doesn’t exist forever, but we must be responsible for keeping this world to maintain its beauty, so our next generation will be benefited.

Because of the growth in the population, a large number of trees are cut for fuel, pollution, and world crime movements are some reasons why our environment become unhealthy. Using plastic bags, gas-operated machines and vehicles, over-using of appliances and other electrical materials, these things mentioned must be minimized in order to save our Mother Earth.

As we can see, animals in the forest become rare, we experienced super typhoons, earthquakes, and other natural calamities which destroy not only the things exist, but also the human beings.

But how these calamities be minimized? So term like “going green” is a good idea for people to become more discipline and more aware about what is real world today. Embracing this term is a big responsibility for us, but it will be a big change for this world, to protect and keep its beauty.
  
We must need to participate on how to care our environment by re-using, reducing and recycling things.

As a part of this eco-system, I am interested and willing to make a move for the good of our society. As a student, I will engage in eco-friendly habits or practices by being more conscious of how I use these resources such as turning off the light when not in use as same as some appliances we have on our home, and instead of purchasing packs of expensive bottled water, I will buy reusable water bottle and fill it often to stay hydrated and healthy. It’s good for the environment and also save some money. 

I am just an ordinary person who wants to make a difference,  and I know that there are more easy things that I can do to help the environment.  Because I believe on Chief Seattle sayings that, “Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.”

Through God, all things are possible.